Applications Engineer Japan (m/f/d)
Since its incorporation in 2005, GenISys has become a global market leader in the field of electron-beam lithography software and is expanding to related markets of lithography and metrology. The team combines deep technical expertise in layout data processing, image analysis, physical modelling, and measurement algorithms with world-class software engineering and nanofabrication knowledge for development and production.
Based in Munich, Germany, with offices in Japan, USA, and Turkey, GenISys serves the R&D nanotechnology community and semiconductor industry with advanced solutions for optimizing micro and nanostructure processing and inspection.
As a company focused on customer service, GenISys delivers fast, highly dedicated support for development and application of unique functionality to meet demanding customer needs. At GenISys, you will find the challenge, variety, and opportunity to apply your talents to some of the most interesting topics in nanotechnology.
We are looking for a highly motivated Applications Engineer for the GenISys Japan team to support sales and adoption of GenISys’ products. Topics can be on lithography corrections, process simulation, and layout optimization as well as advanced SEM-based image analysis, metrology, and inspection. Cooperation with tool vendors or working on related instruments is an important part in both cases.
We are offering a varied and exciting position in a unique environment of nanoscience and leading-edge nanotechnology serving international communities. You will be part of and receive second line support from a team of innovative, results-oriented, and self-dependent experts.
Tasks focus on pre-sales work (product demonstration, technical support of evaluations) and post-sales support (installation, training, resolving customer issues). This includes contributing to documentation such as support material or application notes that promote the benefits of our products. The Applications Engineer champions market needs for product improvement and provides input for long-term planning of the software development.
The position is located at GenISys KK in Yokohama, Japan with the possibility of some remote work.
- MSc or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Nanotechnology or related engineering/ natural sciences discipline
- Broad understanding of lithography systems (e-beam, laser), nanofabrication processes, and microscopy (SEM) techniques
- Optional work experience as a lithography process engineer, microscopy/ metrology engineer or in related fields
- Some IT background, ideally with basic familiarity for Windows/ Linux OS and high‑level scripting skills.
- Able to quickly develop a good understanding of technology as well as to explain and optimize results.
- Motivated team player, enjoy working with customers and partners, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Japanese and English language skills required.
- Versatile tasks and projects in a positive, innovative, and dynamic environment
- Flat hierarchy, innovation culture, and a lot of room for creative ideas are part of our corporate mission.
- Attractive remuneration is a given.
- Office-based team environments with the possibility to work remotely.
- Further training and education are strongly encouraged and supported.
Please contact us or send your application via email@example.com.